Orthodontic Patient Coordinator
Job Description Overview
Work for a company that is truly making the world a happier place, one smile at a time! At Benevis, we create over a million smiles a year in the communities we serve and believe that every person deserves access to quality, affordable dental care. This mission drives everything we do. With over 3000 employees in offices across the country from clinical to support staff - we are united in our mission to create happy, healthy smiles through providing high quality dental care in a fun, compassionate environment. Are you ready to join us in creating our next million smiles? We have JUST the opportunity for you.
We are actively seeking an Orthodontic Patient Coordinator to join our team. Support our mission to providing excellent dental care in the community and help us create more smiles and memorable experiences.
Join a team that believes in teamwork and truly cares about their patients. Find your opportunity to make an impact:
- Get out into your community -- participate in local events including school screenings, presentations and any opportunity to promote a positive image of us
- Participate in morning huddles (hey, even ask to run one!), let your peers know how much you appreciate them, highlight great examples of customer focus, collaboration etc.
- Love working with kids (they make up 70% or more of our patient base)
- The Orthodontic Patient Coordinator is responsible for providing quality customer service to patients and parents at check-in and check-out as well as responsible for verifying patient insurance eligibility and service limits.
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Greet parents and patients when they enter or leave the office
- Check in for daily appointment
- Ensure parents who are waiting are kept informed of the progress of their appointment or child
- Maintain a clean and tidy waiting area and front desk area
- Verify patient insurance eligibility prior to appointment
- Ensure information is correct in the patient's Boomerang file
- Ensure service limits are recorded and communicated with the Orthodontic Financial Coordinator prior to treating the patient
- Ensure all patient files are ready (update patient records, verify insurance and service limits) before the patient's appointment
- Coordinate with Ortho Financial Coordinator and Doctors to provide the opportunity for same day care to patients
- Assist with meeting the Ortho financial targets by ensuring the schedules are full
- Schedule follow-up, next appointment for all patients
- Assist with routing referrals to appropriate doctor
- Ensure pre-authorization processes are completed for approvals
- Collect payments, post accordingly in practice management system
- Confirm appointments for upcoming days
- Answer incoming Ortho patient calls and assist with need or direct to another team member for help
- Ensure Ortho patients are compliant with appointments and send the appropriate communication leading up to or including termination
- Assist with maintaining spreadsheets or databases for tracking purposes, as needed or directed by OFC
- Ensure all patient records are updated at the end of the day
- Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of us
- Assist with other office duties as needed
- At least one year of customer service experience (preferably in healthcare, retail, restaurant or hospitality industry)
- Willing to travel in territory assigned to team
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
- Attention to detail
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: Microsoft office and Internet Explorer
- Telephone skills: Proper telephone etiquette and information gathering skills
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much more!
We value teamwork, mutual respect and cooperation. We do not practice unlawful discrimination, including harassment or tolerate it in our workplace. What do we mean by discrimination? We mean that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Apply for Orthodontic Patient Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly