The DDD Foundation, Inc. is searching for a general dentist who can provide dental treatment in a hospital setting in Atlanta. The dentist will meet with patients, assess their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, extractions, stainless steel crowns, resin crowns, resin fillings and amalgam fillings, to provide our patients with quality dental services.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor or Medicine in Dentistry degree
- Self-funded Georgia state license and malpractice insurance
- Certificate of Completion from an accredited General Practice Residency program which includes OR training
- Strong computer skills and the ability to keep detailed records
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures
- Willingness to maintain hospital credentials and to treat patients in the operating room four days per week.
- Meet with patients’ parents/caregivers to discuss and treat dental concerns
- Perform dental procedures such as extractions, crowns, fillings, and cleanings
- Apply helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants
- Prescribe medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics
- Give clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments
- Order diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Use tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth
- Keep records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them
- Manage and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients
What’s in it for you?
The DDD Foundation, Inc. offers you an opportunity to put your dental skills in action doing meaningful and impactful work.
- $10,000 signing bonus
- Competitive Pay
- A daily work environment that embraces each employee as a valuable team member and fosters work/life balance
- Opportunities for paid continuing education
- Two weeks paid vacation (week of 4th of July and week of Christmas).
- 32-hour week (all Fridays off)
- Three paid holidays – (Labor Day, and Wednesday and Thursday of Thanksgiving)
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement)
- 403b Plan
- DDD Foundation is a certified employer for the following student loan forgiveness programs: PSLF (public service loan forgiveness) and TEPSLF (temporary expanded public service loan forgiveness).
The link between oral health and overall physical health becomes clearer every day. Unfortunately, dental coverage is not often as robust as medical coverage; meaning patients who need it most often go without the oral healthcare services they need. This is even truer for developmentally disabled patients who rely on Medicaid for their oral healthcare. At the DDD Foundation, we are committed to improving the lives of our patients with developmental disabilities by offering accessible comprehensive dental treatment. We remain the only private dental clinic in Georgia exclusively serving patients with developmental disabilities. See below for dentists’ statements on the personal and professional impact of working at the DDD Foundation.
“Working at the DDD Foundation has given my career such purpose and meaning. Every day, I know I’m using my talents to make a difference in the life of someone who is used to encountering healthcare obstacles at every turn. I love going to sleep every night knowing that’s how I spent my day.” – Dr. Karen Callier
“The bond between the DDD Foundation’s dental staff and our patients and their families is so special. Because there is nowhere else for our patients to receive the specialized dental care they receive at the DDD Foundation, they’re so appreciative, and become like family. We get hugs and ‘I love you’s’ from our patients all the time. We’ve even had patients show up for appointments with pizzas, cupcakes or once even a box of Pashmina scarves they had brought back from a trip to India! Where else does a dentist enjoy that kind of appreciation from patients?” – Dr. Patricia Delk
“One of the things I like best about working at the DDD Foundation is the variety. No patient is like the next, and no day is like the next. We treat patients with over 60 different developmental disabilities. So, the treatment we provide has to be unique to each patient’s specific needs. When I arrive each day, I have no idea what the day will hold, which keeps things fresh and interesting!” – Dr. Latonya Wade-Crear
Apply for Hospital Dentist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly